Type Of Scrap Metals
The most commonly used non-ferrous metals are aluminium, copper, lead, zinc, nickel, titanium, cobalt, chromium and precious metals. Millions of tonnes of nonferrous scrap are recovered annually and used by smelters, refiners, ingot makers, foundries, and other manufacturers. Secondary materials are essential to the industry’s survival because even new metals often require the combined use of recycled materials. Metals and alloys that are non-iron based metals and are non magnetic.
- Aluminium - All types and grades of aluminium
- Copper - All types and grades of copper
(Bare bright, #1 wire, #2 wire, #1 Buss bar, #2 Buss bar, Insulated wire)
- Brass - Yellow brass, Red brass, bullet casings, brass shavings
- Alloy - Carbide, Monel, Inconel, Hastelloy, Colbalt and Nickel
- Lead - All types and grades of lead